Join me for a weekend workshop in the Crescent City
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez is the New Orleans rallying cry for Let the Good Times Roll. A New Orleans Experience is a multi-sensory treat of sights & sounds, tastes & aroma. This is a city you feel. Your challenge - tell the story with your photography.
Our New Orleans Experience lets you capture the culture, history, and energy of the Crescent City through a series of excursions that pair a photography instructor with a licensed local tour guide. This is a learning vacation like no other.
Our Weekend will consist of private photo tours that focus on the:
- Distinct architecture of the French Quarter
- History and influence of the music throughout the city
- Unmistakable wildlife of the Alligator Swamplands
- Picturesque decay of cemetery tombs
- Majesty of historic plantations
- Serenity of the Mississippi River at night
- Allure of the famed St. Charles Street Cars
Check out photos from prior attendees
During our excursions, we will cover lessons that develop our skills in:
- Architectural Photography
- Night Photography
- Storytelling and Photojournalism
- Landscape & Nature Photography
- People & Street Photography
- Morning Excursion
- Mid-day photography talk
- Afternoon Excursion
- Evening wrap up and review
- Night Excursion or free time
You can expect daily lessons, personal assignments, photo coaching on your excursion, and individual critiques.
Covers photography instruction, narrated tour guides, and classroom supplies
Who should attend
Beginners, Amateurs, Advanced Amateurs
What you should bring
Digital SLR camera, Tripod, Laptop with software for editing and presenting pictures
Transportation during the excursions is included.
Participants will pay for their own meals
PhotoTour New Orleans attendees can reside at the Wyndham French Quarter at our group rate. Our excursions will leave every morning from our convenient location, one block from Canal Street and a two blocks from Bourbon Street.
Save $100 when you register before Nov. 30. Use discount code "earlybird" to trigger your instant savings.