ABOUT PHOTO CAMP DC:
Turn your budding photographer loose this summer during our PhotoTour DC Teen Photo Camp and learning excursions.
Teens will learn video principles through a combination of photo talks and practice in the field. Each day, there will be a photography lesson and preview of the day's adventure before we take off on our excursion. In the field, students work on the assignment of the day with coaching from a professional photographer. Feedback sessions of their best pictures will complete the learning cycle.
This is a summer camp that is sure to inspire beginning photographers and challenge aspiring professionals.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to choose the perfect camera settings on a DSLR.
- How to get accurate exposure.
- What composition techniques can you use for memorable pictures?
- How do you read and adjust for different light sources?
- How do you capture street photos of people?
- How do you take memorable portraits of family and friends?
- How do you take great animal photographs?
- What are the best tips for nature photography?
YOUR AVERAGE DAY
- We meet at our camp headquarters, a couple blocks north of Dupont Circle.
- After a brief outline of the day's agenda and goals, we take off for our first morning photo exercise.
- Our excursions take us across the city to many of the picturesque locations. There we have a lesson with lots of practice.
- We get around the city using Metro, so campers should bring their own Metro cards.
- You can bring your own lunch. We usually stop for food and rest at an area restaurant (something like Subway or whatever the campers decide).
- We head back to the camp headquarters to discuss the day's lessons and wait for pick up.