Turn your budding photographer loose this summer during our PhotoTour DC Teen Photo Camp and learning excursions.
Teens will learn photography principles through a combination of photo talks and practice in the field. Each day, there will be a photography lesson and preview of the day's adventure before we take off on our excursion. In the field, students work on the assignment of the day with coaching from a professional photographer. Feedback sessions of their best pictures will complete the learning cycle.
This is a summer camp that is sure to inspire beginning photographers and challenge aspiring professionals.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to choose the perfect camera settings on a DSLR.
- How to get accurate exposure.
- What composition techniques can you use for memorable pictures?
- How do you read and adjust for different light sources?
- How do you capture street photos of people?
- How do you take memorable portraits of family and friends?
- How do you take great animal photographs?
- What are the best tips for nature photography?
- Maximum instructor to student ratio of 1:8
- Individual coaching as you work on your techniques
- Post excursion e-book reinforces the principles covered during camp
- Post your photos on our Alumni Blog