Stop taking pictures and start creating art with our Composition + Creativity Photo Tour
Level of Difficulty: Beginner to Intermediate
Camera types: All
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
Your path to great pictures often starts when you master rules for effective composition and progresses when you teach yourself to see creatively. In the PhotoTour DC Composition & Creativity Photo Tour, we move beyond basic composition rules to give you a more comprehensive set of tools to create memorable images.
YOU WILL ALSO LEARN:
- How to see creatively.
- What exercises can you use to stimulate your imagination for more creative photographs.
- How do you develop your own unique vision?
- Where can you find inspiration?
You will leave the workshop with tools you can use to improve your photography immediately and an assignment to help you bring your learning to life.
ABOUT THE LOCATION
History, culture and diversity all converge in Washington, DC’s trendy Adams Morgan neighborhood. The area, which derives its name from two formerly segregated schools in the 1950s, is now the heart of the DC’s ethnic culture. Immigrants from Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean infuse the streets with music, restaurants, shops and artifacts from homes on distant shores.
Adams Morgan is an excellent location for abstract and macro photography. The architecture of 19th and 20th century row houses as well as the vibrant colors and distinct textures give you plenty of opportunities from which to choose. The street life exudes an energy that is evident at all times of the day and night and provides an ever-present challenge to capture just a hint of it in your frame.
- Maximum instructor to student ration of 1:10
- Individual coaching as you work on your techniques
- E-book after the photo tour with the principles covered during instruction
- Post your photos on our Alumni Blog