WASHINGTON, DC TEEN PHOTO CAMP
Level of Difficulty: Beginner, Intermediate
Camera types: Digital SLR (Camera rentals available)
Hours: 9 am - 5 pm daily
Ages: 13 - 17
Location: 1730 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC
Week 1: July 14 - 18, 2014
Week 2: July 21 - 25, 2014
ABOUT THE PHOTO CAMP:
Turn your budding photographer loose this summer during our PhotoTour DC Teen Photo Camp and learning excursions.
Teens will learn photography principles through a combination of photo talks and practice in the field. Each day, there will be a photography lesson and preview of the day's adventure before we take off on our excursion. In the field, students work on the assignment of the day with coaching from a professional photographer. Feedback sessions of their best pictures will complete the learning cycle.
This is a summer camp that is sure to inspire beginning photographers and challenge aspiring professionals.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to choose the perfect camera settings on a DSLR.
- How to get accurate exposure.
- What composition techniques can you use for memorable pictures?
- How do you read and adjust for different light sources?
- How do you capture street photos of people?
- How do you take memorable portraits of family and friends?
- How do you take great animal photographs?
- What are the best tips for nature photography?
- Maximum instructor to student ratio of 1:8
- Individual coaching as you work on your techniques
- Post excursion e-book reinforces the principles covered during camp
- Post your photos on our Alumni Blog
Schedules are subject to change and vary each day.
Students are responsible for providing their own lunches.
EARLY BIRD RATES
Register now through March 15, 2014, and save $50 with the early bird rate.