Mastering Natural Light at
Old Town Alexandria & Waterfront
Join me for a walking workshop where we learn to master natural light, manual exposure, & white balance
Is this for me?
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Camera types: DSLR
Suggested Learning Path:
- Before: Learn My Camera, DC Icons
- After: Composition & Creativity, Abstracts & Architecture
About the location:
From the historic Old Town to the scenic seaport, Alexandria beckons photographers with a wide variety of photo opportunities. This is where we will rediscover light. We will stroll down King Street, framed by boutiques and galleries, toward the Potomac River. At the waterfront, we will photograph scenic views of the harbor as well as capture the energy of live music and street performers. We will also continue along the Waterfront Walk to the Founders City Park, making great images along the way .
What you will learn:
- How do you evaluate natural light sources?
- How do you redirect or diffuse light to improve its quality?
- How do you use your Through The Lens meter or external meter to determine correct exposure?
- How do your shoot in Manual mode with confidence?
- Create custom white balance setting?
- Maximum instructor to student ration of 1:10
- Individual coaching as you work on your techniques
- E-book after the photo tour with the principles covered during instruction
- Post your photos on our Alumni Blog