LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: BEGINNER
Camera types: Compact (P&S), Entry level DSLR
Suggested Learning Path:
- After: Composition & Creativity in Annapolis, Abstracts & Architecture in Adams Morgan, Signature Excursion II: Mastering Metering & Manual Exposure
About the location:
From the monument to the 16th president to the granite wall that bears the names of service members who perished in the Vietnam War, these are the places you want to capture when you visit Washington, DC. The Icons are known as the symbols of the Nation’s Capital and are instantly recognizable around the world. On our PhotoTour Excursion, we will see familiar landmarks like the Albert Einstein Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, and Korean War Memorial. You will get the must-have shots that define the city and the unique perspectives that showcase your creativity. We will weave through four to five locations, and you will enjoy leaving with the best of the Washington, DC, Icons in your portfolios.
What you will learn:
- How to get off of Automatic setting
- What do all the other shooting mode options mean?
- How would you get perfect exposure?
- What composition techniques can you use for more impactful pictures?
- Tips for great travel photography pictures.
- How do you capture memorable photos of people
- How do you create impact with your photo?
- Maximum instructor to student ration of 1:10
- Individual coaching as you work on the techniques
- E-book after photo tour with the principles covered during instruction
- Post your photos on the Alumni Blog