If you don't absolutely love our photo tours, we will provide a full refund and give you $20 for your trouble. No other photography tour in Washington DC will offer you this much. Our goal is to earn your business, and nothing short of that is acceptable.
Toll free: 1.866.875.8940
Preparing for Photo Essentials Photo Tour
We are scheduled to take the Photo Essentials Photo Tour. You'll find this is a terrific way to see the city, learn your camera, and have a great time.
The Excursion lasts approximately 2.5 hours at the FDR Memorial and Tidal Basin.
What You Need To Know To Be Prepared
We will meet at The Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial bookstore, located near the memorial entrance along West Basin Drive. I will be waiting for you there wearing a PhotoTour DC shirt or jacket.
(1) We will spend most of our time walking, so it is best to wear comfortable shoes.
(2) To get the best pictures, you might need to get low, which sometimes requires you to kneel or even lie on the ground. Wearing comfortable but durable clothes is advised.
(3) You should anticipate taking a number of great photos. Be sure to clear your memory card or bring an extra one. Also, be sure to charge your camera the night before, or remember to bring fresh batteries.
(4) You don't need to bring your paper ticket. I will be able to check you in without it.
(5) If you are using a daily deal voucher like Groupon or LivingSocial, you can email it and attend paper free.
If you need to reach me with any changes or updates on the day of the tour, please call directly at 202.688.1374 or email me.
Public transportation might be the easiest way to travel to our meeting location. The nearest Metro (subway) stop is Smithsonian, on the Orange and Blue lines.
If you take the Metro, Capital Bikeshare stations are located at the Smithsonian Metro stop and at the FDR Memorial. The nearest dock to our meeting location is at West Basin Drive and Ohio Drive SW.
General parking is available along Ohio Drive SW and West Basin Drive SW. Handicap parking is available on West Basin Drive, SW.
What if it rains?
Unless rain is actually falling, we will go ahead with our photo tour. Predictions of rain are so often wrong that we can't use them as the basis for canceling our photo tour.
If rain is actually falling, you have the option of rescheduling. Please use this form to inform me of your preferences.
I am holding your reservation for this photo tour and, in some cases, turning away others who would like to attend. If you need to reschedule, I ask for 48 hours notice. This gives someone else an opportunity to fill your space. Just complete this form. At 24 hours before the photo tour, I will no longer take reschedule requests. Thanks for understanding.
I'm looking forward to shooting with you. See you at the FDR Memorial!