Photography Essentials is an afternoon photography workshop on the essential skills of great photography. The lesson unfolds on a stroll around our National Monuments.
This 2 1/2-hour tour is ideal for a photography beginner to enthusiast.
$79 for the first photographer
$59 for the second photographer (when you register together)
Held Thursday and Friday afternoons
Join us at 2 pm weekdays to learn your camera.
About the location: FDR Memorial & Tidal Basin
We begin at the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial, where we wander through the four great rooms that represent his presidency.
We will see and photograph sculptures of the 32nd president with his dog, Fala; scenes from the Great Depression; and First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt. Small manmade waterfalls also create great photo opportunities.
Our trek continues around the Tidal Basin to the Martin Luther King Memorial, the newest resident on the Mall.
What you will learn:
- Anatomy of your camera - what do all those buttons do?
- How do choose the right shooting mode for any situation?
- How does your camera measure light, and how can you correct it when it is wrong?
- How do you use creative settings for portraits, landscapes, sports and other situations?
- Maximum instructor to student ration of 1:12
- Individual coaching as you work on the techniques
- E-book after photo tour with the principles covered during instruction
- Post your photos on the Alumni Blog
- Get feedback on our Facebook page
Daily Deal eligible: